Brief: So I’ve made a couple cocktails before this that were definitely NOT worth posting; however this Kiwi based drink is awesome! It’s strong, so is meant to be served as a martini or in a highball (full of ice). Watch yourself.
Kiwi is loaded with vitamin C and also a good source of fiber, potassium, copper, magnesium, vitamin E, and manganese. So don’t be afraid to add extra kiwi if you have it.
Makes: 2 cocktails
- 20 mint leaves (flexible)
- 2 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
- 4 small to medium sized kiwis (peeled)
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 4 oz of light rum (vodka and gin also work)
- 2 oz water
- Puree the kiwis in a cuisine art or blender (or just smush if necessary).
- Combine all ingredients into a cocktail shaker (with ice if you’re serving as a martini). Shake hard!
- Strain into highball glass (tall and skinny) filled w/ ice, or martini glass.
If you’re a pulp lover, combine everything except the kiwi and strain. Then add the kiwi puree as the last step and mix. Hardest part of this drink is peeling the kiwis and pureeing them. Otherwise, pretty easy and great!