Brief: a surprisingly good margarita substitute that contains around half as many calories as a normal margarita (please stay away from store-bought margarita mix!).
Makes: 1 cocktail
- 1 oz mango juice (I used Trader Joe’s Mango Passion Fruit Blend)
- 1/2 oz lime juice (about 1 fresh squeezed lime)
- 1.5 oz tequila (the lighter colored, the better)
- 3 oz filtered water
- 1/2 oz of honey
- 1 cup ice
- in a cocktail shaker, add all ingredients including ice.
- shake vigorously (feel free to throw the lime pieces in there).
- strain into a margarita cup with ice (or any old cup).
- if you’re fancy, garnish with lime wedge.
If you’re having a party, an alternate is to multiply the recipe by five and put in a blender. Serve in a pitcher. It will be tough to have just one of these.
If anyone out there actually reads this, I’d love to hear your thoughts, critiques, changes, or whatever.