Brief: a strong antioxidant-rich martini combining blueberries and cranberry juice. It tastes GREAT and won’t punch you in the head upon awakening.
Makes: 2 cocktails
- 1/2 cup fresh whole blueberries
- 4 oz cranberry juice (trader joe’s pure cranberry is best & healthiest!)
- 1/2 oz lemon juice (fresh squeezed – 1 lemon)
- 3 oz gin
- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 oz of honey
- in a cocktail shaker, add all ingredients except ice
- shake it up (feel free to smush up the blueberries for extra nutrients)
- add in ice and shake vigorously
- strain into martini glass (I don’t have martini glasses, so I just strained into normal cups with ice)
- if you’re fancy, garnish with toothpicked blueberries
Hope you like this; It’s one of my favorites. As per my usual preference, it’s a little on the bitter side because of the pure cranberry juice. If you’re a sugaraholic, feel free to add more honey (or use sugar).
Let me also stress that the Trader Joe’s pure juices are amazing for mixing and don’t have all the gross sweeteners added. They are pretty expensive (~$5), but a little goes a long way.
P.S. If you’re really feeling ambitious, combine the
blueberries and gin and let sit for a while (blueberry infused gin).